• The Gates, Main Street, Uphall

    The Gates, Main Street, Uphall

  • Old Mill, Uphall

    Old Mill, Uphall

  • Main Street, Uphall

    Main Street, Uphall

  • Ecclesmachan Road, Uphall

    Ecclesmachan Road, Uphall

  • Uphall Main Street

    Uphall Main Street

  • Uphall Gala Day Parade, July 1926

    Uphall Gala Day Parade, July 1926

  • Looking East along Main Street, Uphall

    Looking East along Main Street, Uphall

  • Burnside Road, Uphall

    Burnside Road, Uphall

  • Tram on Main Street, Uphall

    Tram on Main Street, Uphall

  • Gala Day at Uphall Public School

    Gala Day at Uphall Public School

  • Millers Bridge, Uphall

    Millers Bridge, Uphall

  • West Main Street, Uphall

    West Main Street, Uphall

  • Looking West along Main Street, Uphall

    Looking West along Main Street, Uphall

  • Uphall from Middleton Lodge

    Uphall from Middleton Lodge

  • West Main Street, Uphall

    West Main Street, Uphall

  • St Nicholas Church, Uphall

    St Nicholas Church, Uphall

  • Looking East along Main Street, Uphall

    Looking East along Main Street, Uphall

  • Wyndford Avenue, Uphall

    Wyndford Avenue, Uphall

  • Staff of Uphall Public School

    Staff of Uphall Public School

  • Officers (NCO's and Men) - No 7 Platoon in Uphall - 1942

    Officers (NCO's and Men) - No 7 Platoon in Uphall - 1942

  • Middleton Hall, Uphall

    Middleton Hall, Uphall

  • Burnside Road, Uphall

    Burnside Road, Uphall

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 13
  • 14
  • 15
  • 16
  • 17
  • 18
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22

Uphall South Church

There has been various Church buildings on the present Church site since 1894.  The first building was the Mission Hall which was built for the Free Church.

In 1898, the Mission Hall congregation received full congregational status.  This resulted in the Mission Hall changing status - to that of a Church.

In 1900, the Free Church and the United Presbyterian Churches merged to create the United Free Church.

The present church building was completed in 1926, which at the time cost a whopping £4,808, and provided space for up to 400 parishioners.  At this time the old Mission Hall became the new Church hall (still behind the Church today).

In 1929, the United Free Church and the Church of Scotland merged and the Church became known as Uphall South Parish Church (as it is still called today).

Print Email