Easter Cafe at Strathbrock Church Hall
- Published: 26 January 2014
Strathbrock Parish Church are having an Easter Craft Café on Saturday 15th March from 10am to 1pm in Strathbrock Church Hall, Uphall.
There will be a wide variety of stalls offering handcrafted goods, including: sweets, handbags, knitwear, jewellery, cards, patchwork and much more. The exhibitors are coming from all over the central belt. A Café will be serving home baking and refreshments.
Entry is free, so why not come for a coffee and a chat and browse the Easter and Mothers Day gift ideas.
Broxburn and Uphall Advent Fayre
- Published: 30 November 2013
The Broxburn and Uphall Advent Fayre will be held on Saturday 14 December 2013. The activities being held include:
- Children’s Fairground Rides at Argyle Court Car Park, East Main Street, Broxburn. FREE of charge!
- Carol Singing at Open Door
- Christmas Fayre, Uphall South Church Hall
- Santa Grotto (free present) in Broxburn Parish Church Hall
- Free face painting and Balloon Modelling in Broxburn Parish Church Hall
- Children’s book event and activities in Broxburn Parish Church Hall
- Tea and Coffee in Broxburn Parish Church Hall
- Birds of Prey at the Job Centre
- Music at Argyle Court and in Broxburn Parish Church
- School Enterprise Fair and Craft Fair in Strathbrock Community Centre
- Switch on of Lights at Uphall Community Centre, with mince pies and mulled wine, brass band and Radio Grapevine
- Torchlight procession from Uphall CC to Broxburn Parish Church
- Carol Service – Broxburn Parish Church
To view the timings and more information, please click here to visit the BUTA website for the flyer in PDF format.
West Lothian Foodbank
- Published: 16 September 2013
The West Lothian Foodbank have a food distribution and donations hub at Broxburn Baptist Church (Freeland Avenue, Broxburn, EH52 6EG). The hub is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 12 noon to 2.00pm.
The Foodbank are in urgent need now of:
- Milk (UHT or powdered)
- Sugar (500g)
- Long life fruit juice (orange)
- Tins of soup
- Pasta sauces
- Sponge pudding (tin)
- Tinned tomatoes
- Tinned vegetables
- Breakfast cereals
- Tinned riced pudding
- Tea bags
- Jar of instant coffee
- Instant mash
- 500 gms Rice
- 500 gms Pasta
- Tinned meat/fish
- Tinned fruit
- Jar of jam
- Packets of buscuits
Please help feed local people in crisis by buying items from the list above and donating them to the West Lothian Foodbank. Even one item will help.
Strathbrock Parish Church - Annual Craft Fair
- Published: 08 September 2013
Strathbrock Parish Church are holding their Annual Craft Fair on Saturday 5th October from 10.30am to 3.30pm in Strathbrock Church Hall, Uphall.
There will be over 30 stalls offering a wide variety of items, including: ceramics, knitwear, jewellery, cards, patchwork and woodturning. The exhibitors are coming from all over the central belt; many are part of the Ochil, Fife and Livingston Craft Associations.
A coffee bar will be open all day offering filled rolls, home baking and refreshments.
Entry to the Fair is free, so why not start your Christmas shopping early or enjoy an afternoon out with friends!!
Community Council Newsletter
- Published: 03 June 2013
Members of Uphall Community Council have been busy distributing copies of their latest newsletter to every home in Uphall. The Uphall Village News is issued once a year and its hoped residents will find it informative and useful.
If you'd like to read it again, you can download it from here.